Birth Certificate RFE on I-485

Hi

I have an RFE regarding my original birth certificate. I had submitted my 10th Class certificate as proof of my birth with my application, which is considered a secondary evidence. My birth year is 1983

Here is the actual statement from the RFE "You have submitted secondary evidence and/or a birth affidavit as proof of your birth record. However, the evidence you have submitted is insufficient.

In addition to a birth affidavit or secondary evidence, per Title 8 Code of Federal Regulation, Section 103.2(b)(2)(ii),you must submit "an original writtent statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate the reason the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available."

My parents went a head and got the Birth certificate from the Municipal Corporation.

It states that " This is to certify that the following information has been taken from the original record of birth which is the register for Municipal Corporation of (my birth city and state)"

Then it states my name, may parents name and date of birth and registration no.

REGISTRATION DATE - 2nd May 2013

ISSUE DATE - 2nd May 2013.

It has registrars signature and seal.

I am preparing my response for the RFE and I am including the copy of my Late registered birth certificate along with copy of my parents Notarized affidavit (They emailed me the documents).

Do I need to send the original Affidavit or copy will work? Also if some one can give me some idea about drafting a cover letter in this situation, I would really appreciate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you get this RFE after your biometrics appointment? What are you going to do to solve the problem? I just had my finger prints taken. Not sure if there will be an RFE. My BC does not exist. So I produced a secondary evidence from a government official. But the secondary evidence is just a plane paper not on letterhead.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Usbpl , and all.

I am curious to know if your problem is resolved now? Did they accepted the birth certificate you provided.

Since in your birth certificate the Date of registration is very recent and is the same as the date of issue. Was it all ok with this recent registration date? or do we have to get registration at some back date (close to our date of birth)?

Please reply at the earliest, will highly appreciate  any help from any one regarding the same.

thanks in advance!

• 4 years later...
On 2/17/2014 at 6:33 PM, Rimpy said:

Hi Usbpl , and all.

I am curious to know if your problem is resolved now? Did they accepted the birth certificate you provided.

Since in your birth certificate the Date of registration is very recent and is the same as the date of issue. Was it all ok with this recent registration date? or do we have to get registration at some back date (close to our date of birth)?

Please reply at the earliest, will highly appreciate  any help from any one regarding the same.

thanks in advance!

please reply me at the earliest will highly appreciate i too have held in the same issue

and what are the procedure you did for getting BC

You are responding to an old post. The NABC certificate implies there is NO Birth Certificate. It is obtainable from the regional Office of births and deaths in the state concerned. It will mean greasing the wheels of officialdom to the tune of 100 USD or more. It is sad that online access to such certificates is not obtainable against the background of biometrics for more than a billion people.

Archived