Did Anyone Get Verification Confirmation via PIMS?

Vpd001

Hi,

Has anyone emailed PIMS for verification and did anyone receive a confirmation email from them? What are the details you include in the PIMS email?

Please let me know.

Thanks

You don't do PIMS verification. Its done internally.

Please search in this forum you will get tons of posts about PIMS.

Here is the reply I got for an email I sent for PIMS verification

Petition based nonimmigrant visa applicants: If you are writing for verification of your approved petition through the Department of State's Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) in anticipation of an upcoming appointment at the U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver, you will not receive a personal response from us. All you need to do is ensure to include the correct I-129 petition receipt number at the time you schedule your appointment. An original I-797 is no longer required to be presented at the time of the interview. However, in the event of errors in the petition data information, a copy of the I-797 would be helpful to verify details of the petition.

I am confused as to why they have mentioned that the correct I-129 petition receipt number you should be mentioned. Should it not be the I-797A receipt number? What should I enter for the Application Receipt/Petition Number in the DS 160 form?

Archived