EB2 eligibility based on degree passed date or conferred date?

I passed my bachelor of engineering degree in May 2003 from India. However, I applied to receive my degree certificate in convocation of January 2006. So my degree says I have passed requisite examination for Bachelor of Engineering in "May 2003" and it also says that degree was conferred on "January 28 2006".

Now I am in US and joined my current employer in December 2010. My total work experience after passing my engineering degree and before joining my current employer is more than 5 yrs. However, if I count my work experience from Jan 28 2006(time when degree was conferred to me), it is less that 5 years. My employer wants to file my green card and my current work position is eligible for EB2. Am I eligible for Green card under EB2 from my current employer?

I think if you are able to prove your graduation date and finished coursework date via some other documents, it should work.

As always, degree confer date is not always graduation date. You could graduate and Dec, but convocation might not happen until May or June of following year.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived