H1B stamping after 12 years

vdc05

Hello, I must visit india in jun 2013, and obviously needed a stamping to come back. For last couple of weeks i started feeling nervous about this stamping as the travel date approach. I hv 3 passports, the first stampinng in chennai was when I came first to USA in 2000, visited india 2001 and back, passport expired, then i got the visa stamping (from state department in usa) on the 2nd passport, visited india in 2005 and back, after that i hv not gone to india for 8 years. this month i am getting a 3rd passport. I work for a well known global company in VA USA as full time employee, before 2004 i was consulting and had fulltime jobs. does it really matters if i dont visit india often ? any one had similar experience, please share.

Should i go to Mexico for renewal for my situation ? Or Chennai is ok ? Please provide your thoughts.

Thanks

Hi all, i got another question just came up, my wife (h4) and kid (USC) visited india last year for h4 stamping and it was successful from chennai, with one question why i didnt visit for 12 years :) - my wife replied that i was busy with work.

does this relate to that my h1b stamping will be ok after 12 years on h1b.

i assume, they verify my h1b details as well for h4 stamping.

Just wanted to ask this. Please share your thoughts.

thanks

Hi all, i got another question just came up, my wife (h4) and kid (USC) visited india last year for h4 stamping and it was successful from chennai, with one question why i didnt visit for 12 years :) - my wife replied that i was busy with work.

busy with work??? Please dont lie with the US Immigration officers...that will put you in trouble..

tell the real reason why you couldnt or wouldnt visit India for stamping...is there something you are hiding?

Archived