H1b visa stamping in Canada..with DUI diversion

DUIDiversion

Hi all..!

I got a DUI ticket on last may 2012 ,,,currently on diversion....paid the court fees and took the alcoholic evaluation classes .and hopefully should complete my diversion successfully in 2 months from now...!

Currently am on H1B ,,am planning to go for India soon.....not sure if i can go to Canada for my visa stamping..i read many places Canada does not allot visiting visas for DUI guys...

Is any one in the same boat...any idea on how things will be if i go for stamping in HYDERABAD ...! I read some where i should go for a check up which might delay the process...if yes ..any guess how long it might take usually!

Any info is really appreciated!

Hi, I am under the same case I was looking through all the forum for any information going to Canada. This is just from the posts that I read and observations. Getting the Canada visa after getting DUI is little difficult. When I talk to a lawyer they suggested me to apply for the TRP (Temporary resident permit to Canada), but when I was reading in the Canada immigration site I understand that that is for the non-visa exempt countries (USA, UK etc) they will give that.

For India I guess you will need to apply the same visitor visa (TRV) but you need to mention "Yes" for the question that have you ever been convicted in application form. Then you need to provide supporting documents, then your visa may or may not be approved under compassion grounds.

For visa stamping I read that once the finger printing is given they will know your conviction record and ask you to go to the physician for further check up's and submit the documents.

visababu0415, can you please share us your experience?

It is very unlikely for the OP to be allowed entry in to Canada though he can try. But if he is not allowed entry the visa fees etc. are a waste. The procedure for a visa post DUI is the same everywhere. I would strongly urge the OP to discuss the facts of his matter with an Immigration Lawyer before he makes plans. The 10,000 Dollar ride is a costly lesson. I would also ask the Op to consider Expungement of whatever records are possible to avoid problems with future employers though you have to mention it for USCIS purposes.

@Pontevecchio did you attende visa interview with DUI ? I am not sure about getting Canada Visitor Visa with DUI . But i know people who has DUI arrest attended for Visa interview in Vancouver. Some of them got referred to US Consulate Panel Physician. he will issue some blood test and one more test ( not sure) , we need to submit these results to US Consulate , if everything Ok with results you will get your visa..

@DUIDiversion.. Hey you can email me we can talk about it more .. remove underscores from this and email me .. **********atgmail

I think the main issue is how to get the Canda visa with DUI, after that going through the visa interview process I am assuming would be similar in Canda or India.

Below link has good source of information. In this it was mentioned that people from visa exempt countries need to apply TRV with supporting documents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca...ity/permits.asp

But I haven't seen any posts in here which mentions about getting Canda Visa with DUI conviction. I am wondering if anyone got it I would like to know how many days they got it for and the processing time in Canda for medical evaluation when they went for stamping.

@visababu, you mentioned someone attended the visa interview in Vancouver with DUI conviction can you please let us know how did they got the Canda visa?

@pontevecchio, I am not misleading. If you never on h1 not DUI , then how you do know about the severity.? are you immigration attorney. if so please help this user.. I am not here to mislead and also not to scare other posters.. I was in similar situation, i want to share my exp with other poster..

@ihm you buddy - look at my email id in my profile.. drop me emaill.. i will try to help you as much as i can..

@visababu..thanx can you share your experience..also i have sent you an email..can you reply for that email!

also am on diversion ....i read somewhere online that DUI diversion in KANSAS state is not considered as Conviction...will that make my process little easy ..since diversion is not considered as conviction!

@DUIDiversion, I think Canda look the DUI offence as per their laws, I am not sure what is DUI diversion.

First I am planning to get the Canda Visa and then think about getting the visa appointment.

Can you please post the link where it shows the exemptions after doing jail time. I think every case would be treated different and try their own luck i guess.

I would like to see just one case if anyone did it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@DUIDiversion, I think Canda look the DUI offence as per their laws, I am not sure what is DUI diversion.

First I am planning to get the Canda Visa and then think about getting the visa appointment.

Can you please post the link where it shows the exemptions after doing jail time. I think every case would be treated different and try their own luck i guess.

I would like to see just one case if anyone did it.

Did you apply for visa and attend the interview in Canada? Please let me know. Thx.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation where you ar, I got dwi in the 2012 everything is done,  looking to get stamped fearing to go to hyd searching in the net I got this information .

I just want touch base with you, if you got any information please let me know.

I was searching for Canada information almost year not yet get correct information, I heard Mexico allow the dui’s  but we need to have police report and court dismissive documents this require in hyd also.

I got this documents looking to her any good news to go to Canada get stamped, if you find any information Please send to me my mail id is saibaba.v2k-gmail-com

Thanks, 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived