H1B visa filed post resignation

topgun20022

Hi,

I have a unique situation here. My wife resigned recently from her company and am H4 visa request was initiated for her. Due to the mad rush this year, her company actually filed for her H1B and she got her petition receipt number also before her notice period got over.

So i have the following questions to which I am not able to find an answer:

1. Considering her H1B has been filed, can this be transferred (assuming ofcourse that her employer does not file for revoking) ?

2. Her H4 appointment date is expected to be in the next month. Will this affect her chances of getting a dependent visa?

3. She will not be employed during the time she is on the dependent visa. Will this impact her H1B chances?

Any help is really appreciated.

So i have the following questions to which I am not able to find an answer:

1. Considering her H1B has been filed, can this be transferred (assuming ofcourse that her employer does not file for revoking) ?

2. Her H4 appointment date is expected to be in the next month. Will this affect her chances of getting a dependent visa?

3. She will not be employed during the time she is on the dependent visa. Will this impact her H1B chances?

Any help is really appreciated.

1.Only approved H1 is eligible for transfer

3. H1 is employer's responsibility. Her employer should inform USCIS that she is no longer working with them and request to stop the H1 processing.

Archived