OPT expires Feb 14th 2014, no extension.

strider_31

Hey,

So my case is I graduated Dec 2012 and my OPT started Feb 15th 2013 so it expires Feb 14th 2014. Plus I do not get a STEM extension. So my worry being what is the way out for me from this since the H1 filing only starts by April 1st and since my OPT expires Feb 14th, I basically go out of status. What would be the best way to stay and continue here. What would be my best way out of this. Please guys I could use your help.

Thank you.

So my case is I graduated Dec 2012 and my OPT started Feb 15th 2013 so it expires Feb 14th 2014. Plus I do not get a STEM extension. So my worry being what is the way out for me from this since the H1 filing only starts by April 1st and since my OPT expires Feb 14th, I basically go out of status. What would be the best way to stay and continue here. What would be my best way out of this. Please guys I could use your help.

Contact your school DSO and ask them what is "CAP GAP" period??

Generally, an H1B beneficiary may benefit from cap gap as long as the H1B petition is filed while the beneficiary is in his/her 60 day grace period; however, the individual would not be permitted to work until the change of status to H1B takes effect on October 1. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the different options that may be available to you to continue to maintain your status.

Archived