Visa Stamping before the current H1B visa expires.

sree.universal

Hi,

I have my current H1B visa stamping till Sep 30th 2013. Planning to go to India in August or September 2013.

If we get the H1B extension in July 2013(premium processing), then can I schedule a VISA appointment before my current valid visa expires(sep 2013) and get the stamping for the new H1B extension ?

Appreciate your help in this regard.

Thank you,

Sree

I am looking for the same information, My situation is exactly the same as you but current visa stamp expires in june 2013.

can any body please help us here whether we can ateend visa stamping before the previous stamp expires with the new approval of I-797 form?

Also, thinking of going to MExico, Tijuana... any new updates about this stamping in mexico... advisable /not advisable?

thanks a lot in advance.

apulsar

You can always go for stamping, but as far as I am informed. Your previous visa will be stamped cancelled the moment you enter embassy. If you get issued new visa you can come back without any issues, but if you dont then you will get stuck.

Again this is what I am informed (I may be wrong), please take the suggestion of your companys attorney.

Thanks,

Areddy.

Sree and Pulsar,

I was in exact same situation. You can go with your new I 797 petition before your current visa expires. In the DS 160 put all the new 1 797 petition details. I got approved. No issues. Went to Matamoros, Mexico.

As long as you have all the documents - W2's, LCA, pay subs you can go to Mexcio. Mexico does only renewals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hello all,

my wife and i are planning to go to tijuana, mexico in mid November 2013. pls respond back asap in case you have already got ur stamping in tijuana this year or if you are also planning to go sometime soon.

my contact is - **********

email is - ********************* @ gee mail dot com

Archived