Police Arrest, But dismissed Case on H1B Stamping

indrale

I was arrested in 2011. Offense type: Misdemeanor. Offense Literal: Assault and Battery. The case was dismissed at court and disposition method was NOLLE PROSEQUI. Based on my disposition method, I can seal my record in my state (Since there was no conviction as well as If case dropped by the District Attorney i.e. NOLLE PROSEQUI type of cases can be sealed). When I asked my Attorney (who helped me in 2011 for dismissal), she thinks that since case is dismissed, Sealing my records is unnecessary but asked me get an Immigration attorney's Opinion. Is there any place to go other than Murthy forum?

I am planning to go for my H1B (extension) Stamping. Does Sealing of our criminal records help in my case? Pls help me here.

• 9 months later...

I was arrested in 2011. Offense type: Misdemeanor. Offense Literal: Assault and Battery. The case was dismissed at court and disposition method was NOLLE PROSEQUI. Based on my disposition method, I can seal my record in my state (Since there was no conviction as well as If case dropped by the District Attorney i.e. NOLLE PROSEQUI type of cases can be sealed). When I asked my Attorney (who helped me in 2011 for dismissal), she thinks that since case is dismissed, Sealing my records is unnecessary but asked me get an Immigration attorney's Opinion. Is there any place to go other than Murthy forum?

I am planning to go for my H1B (extension) Stamping. Does Sealing of our criminal records help in my case? Pls help me here.

hey can you please share your experience?

Archived