Finger printing in Canada

dasherab

No. But any record in any US state or a federal record is available to them . Why do you want to know?

I was recently arrested for being "intoxicated in/around a vehicle" (I was sleeping inside a vehicle in a parking lot...I wasn't charged with a DUI - I am trying to dismiss the charge if not drop it to something lower).....I am trying to get my H1b visa stamped (2nd time...the 1st one expired few months ago.....i need to go abroad for work)......you think I will get stuck in Canada for being arrested....my LCA should be approved for my green card too by sept/oct (planning to go to Toronto during 1st, 2nd week of sept)...will it delay my green card processing (I485)....your response is truly appreciated.....

You should seriously consider discussing the matter with say the firm of Murthy. The problem could be getting a Canadian visa or even denial of entry.

I already have the Canadian Visa (multiple entry visitor visa)....if they don't finger print during the entry how would they deny me?

I already have the Canadian Visa (multiple entry visitor visa)....if they don't fingerprint during the entry how would they deny me?

Your identification is linked to your passport, not just your fingerprints. Your passport is scanned at the port of entry to immediately lookup your records (and the U.S. and Canada share records). (Fingerprint identification is not a quick process, and could never be used for immediate information retrieval, such as by immigration and customs at a port of entry.)

I already have the Canadian Visa (multiple entry visitor visa)....if they don't finger print during the entry how would they deny me?

tell me this.did u ut yes or NO for arrest question in cannadian visa form

tell me this.did u ut yes or NO for arrest question in cannadian visa form

@catx - Thanks for the information. So you think if I go to Canada to get my visa stamped they will stop me because I have an arrest record? It was not a DUI - I was cited with "intoxicated in or about vehicle" - which my attorney thinks can be lowered to some minor charge.

@ test_litmus - I have had Canadian Visitor visa (5 years) since 2010 - arrest happened less than a month ago.

Any delays in GC processing because of this? Should I not go to Canada to get my H1b stamped, should I go to Mexico?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@catx - Thanks for the information. So you think if I go to Canada to get my visa stamped they will stop me because I have an arrest record? It was not a DUI - I was cited with "intoxicated in or about vehicle" - which my attorney thinks can be lowered to some minor charge.

@ test_litmus - I have had Canadian Visitor visa (5 years) since 2010 - arrest happened less than a month ago.

Any delays in GC processing because of this? Should I not go to Canada to get my H1b stamped, should I go to Mexico?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I got my case dismissed today - explained my situation to the judge and he dismissed the case. Will it still affect my H1b Stamping, my ability to go to Canada?

Archived