H4 travel for my wife to US when my H1b transfer petition is filed & other issues

Somanath

I am currently working in fortune 300 firm in the Corporate finance division. I recently got an offer from a Fortune 50 firm and they want to initiate my H1b transfer. In the meanwhile my wife got her visa approval on my current employer papers on March 25th 2013. She is planinng to travel to US on April 19th where my new employer would have already filed the transfer . So my question is

1. WIll my wife have any problems in POE? She has a valid visa and all the papers from my current H1b and by the time she comes to US I will still be working with my current employer

2. Let's say she comes in without issue her I-94 would be valid till the validity of my current visa - How do i get her visa extended to the validity of the new H1b from the new company?

3. Finally - my new employer is suggesting that I join them once the petition is filed and not when it is approved. Do you think that is wise or Should i wait for the approval and will it create any gaps in my employement or any out of status etc?

Please help me in the above queries.

Thanks,

Somanath

• 2 weeks later...

please help me with a similar situation...

my wife is in US with H4 stamp will 2015 on my old employers H1b, but I changed employer and had to go to India (myself) on emergency and got new visa stamped with new employer. but my wife came to india later and could not attend visa interview (for my new employer) due to time constraints.

when we go back, would she have any problems at POE? she has visa stamp will 2015 but my current visa is under different employer.

please help me as sson as possible as we have to travel back in 2 weeks.

thanks a lot in advance.

Archived