Old Passport/ New Passport

murthy

Hello Everyone, I have a H1 B VISA Appointment next month, this is my First H1 B Stamping appointment, My Old Passport with F1 VISA Stamping was lost so I applied for a new passport, My New Passport was issued in San Francisco and it didn't have any VISA Stamped in the Passport.

Friends, Please let me know if there could be any Problems for my VISA Appointment if I have a New Passport and a Copy of OLD Passport & F1 VISA.

Hello Everyone, I have a H1 B VISA Appointment next month, this is my First H1 B Stamping appointment, My Old Passport with F1 VISA Stamping was lost so I applied for a new passport, My New Passport was issued in San Francisco and it didn't have any VISA Stamped in the Passport.

Friends, Please let me know if there could be any Problems for my VISA Appointment if I have a New Passport and a Copy of OLD Passport & F1 VISA.

just be truthful at the interview...dont forget to take ur copy of old passport and carry ur old i20s....there wont be any issues at all....

Hi, this is not an answer for your question, but had a similar experience.

I got VISA stamped @ Vancouver on March 11th with having two passports, but the thing is I didn't lost my old one, just expired, all my VISA's are in old one including Canada visiting VISA.

As of my experience, no one in the consulate asked me for old passport, not at check in, finger prints or VO. Even though my new passport is with all empty pages.

I hope you don't even ask for it, at worst case you can show copies that you have.

Good luck.

• 4 years later...

Hi nmg,

I went for H1B visa stamping in India few days back. I went with two passports. My new passport has all blank pages. My old passport has previous F1 and multiple H1B visas. At the consulate VO has taken only new passport and did not ask for old passport and said visa is approved and passport can be collected later etc.. Few days later also my passport status shows 'your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate'. Do they need my old passport to print visa in my new passport. Could you please respond based on your experience. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

On 3/19/2013 at 2:13 PM, nmg said:

Hi, this is not an answer for your question, but had a similar experience.

I got VISA stamped @ Vancouver on March 11th with having two passports, but the thing is I didn't lost my old one, just expired, all my VISA's are in old one including Canada visiting VISA.

As of my experience, no one in the consulate asked me for old passport, not at check in, finger prints or VO. Even though my new passport is with all empty pages.

I hope you don't even ask for it, at worst case you can show copies that you have.

Good luck.

Hi nmg,

I went for H1B visa stamping in India few days back. I went with two passports. My new passport has all blank pages. My old passport has previous F1 and multiple H1B visas. At the consulate VO has taken only new passport and did not ask for old passport and said visa is approved and passport can be collected later etc.. Few days later also my passport status shows 'your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate'. Do they need my old passport to print visa in my new passport. Could you please respond based on your experience. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Archived