Urgent Help: Can I use the same Interview Date (Scheduled with old i-797) for my New I-797 Number?

leo_Ver

Hi,

I had scheduled an appointment in the month of Jan-2013 using my Old employer info (Old H1-B reciept number) but did not attend as I got a full time job and luckily I did not submit my DS-160 form. I just cancelled and rescheduled my Interview date for the month of April-2013.

Now I have my New I-797 copy and I have updated the DS-160 form which I have filled out for the month of Jan, with my New employer information.

Now I have;

* Canada Visiting Visa (Valid for 1 year from now)

* New I-797 Copy

* Appointment Date

* Updated DS-160 form (with New Employer info)

My Question is;

when I tried to pay Canada Embassy fee for the MRV Fee Receipt I believe I gave my I-797 Number (which is my old employer 797 number) and i dont see that anywhere to update on the Canada Embassy website after logging in. so Can I use the same MRV Fee Receipt? Am I good to attend my VISA Interview in April? or Do I need to Pay the Embassy fee again with New I-797 number to schedule a New appointment?

fyi..

when I clicked on my Profile Edit button after logging into the Canadian site;

key information was Passport Number, DOB and DS-160 form number. None of these information were changed in my case.

Please help.. Do I Need to pay fee again for new appointment or can I use the same scheduled appointment?

You can edit the info........

1. Reschudule appoinment...

2. It asks for same location or not(put Yes)

3. There will be 3 sections like( personal info, location and loomis location)

4. We need edit Personal info, like selecting again vancouver,richmond, h1b, EAC number, dates then submit...

Does it Impact my Scheduled Date of Appointment?

I mean after editing this information do I need to schedule a new appointment?

You should be good. Just try to check if you are able to contact the customer care for the MRV fee receipt department. The fee usually is linked with passport number, DOB and DS-160. In the DS-160 you actually have the petition number.

Thanks will try to contact them and see, thanks for the suggestion..!!

Hi Sekhar/Mahesh,

Can you please answer my question?

I already had an appointment scheduled with old DS160 conf number? Now Can I simply edit the DS 160 conf number in personal information section or Do I need to re-schedule my apoointmnet to have the new DS 160 conf number in place?

Thanks.

Sri

Hi Sekhar/Mahesh,

Can you please answer my question?

I already had an appointment scheduled with old DS160 conf number? Now Can I simply edit the DS 160 conf number in personal information section or Do I need to re-schedule my apoointmnet to have the new DS 160 conf number in place?

Thanks.

Sri

Just Update....Thats it..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived