H1b petetion approved as CP...cant go to home country...need help urgent!!

jayasree_visaforum

Hello All,

I was working on L2 EAD till feb 2011.And I was in India form May 2011 till Aug 24th 2011.During that time ,I got H1b filed and it is approved with CP as it was initiated when I was in India.Now I am back in US on L2 again.My L2 visa is going to expire on Nov 29th 2011.I have a 5 month old baby and cannot make another trip to India.So am checking out other alternatives.My questions are:

1)Can I go for stamping in Canada/Mexico/Bahama?

My employer says it is possible but will be done as admin processing which will take 2 to 3 months and will cause issues when entering to US.Please share your experiences

2)Can I convert theH1b CP to COS?

If so what is process and how much time it will take?

3)Can we file for fresh h1b petition when we have one approved from the same employer?

As am in US now , thinking this time it would be COS.

Need to make decision asap as we need to file for L2 extension if H1 doesn't work.

Help needed urgently...Thanks in advance...

At the risk of sounding pedantic why would you not get the visa and delay your trip by a month? Ask your Employer for suggestions. He may want your services and agree to refile a H1 petition with COS and PP. As a matter of interest to anyone else in this situation, Please always keep L2 EAD current. Do not try to save a few hundred bucks. It is not worth it.

Archived