Doubts regarding H1b Stamping

Hi Everyone,

I have few doubts regarding the stamping process. Please help me with them.

1. I have seen in many posts, that people are mentioning that "Im in EVVC category or someother". What is that exactly? Do everyone have those categories?

2. Regarding the client letter, i got the client letter from my manager which includes all the details like my joining date, my responsibilities, my client location details and my manager's details like work location, desk number, email id and his signature. But what im concerning is it is not on the Client's letter head. It is just on a white paper. Does it creates a problem to me?

I work for state government.

3. I applied for my H1 amendment. Do i get a new i797 copy? If i get a new i797 do i need to update my DS-160 application with new i797 receipt number?

Please help me with these questions.

Thanks,

Ravi

2. Regarding the client letter, i got the client letter from my manager which includes all the details like my joining date, my responsibilities, my client location details and my manager's details like work location, desk number, email id and his signature. But what im concerning is it is not on the Client's letter head. It is just on a white paper. Does it creates a problem to me?

I work for state government.

That's not a client letter. It's no use.

You need to get that letter from your client manager on the letter head.

1. I have seen in many posts, that people are mentioning that "Im in EVVC category or someother". What is that exactly? Do everyone have those categories?

E - Employer, V - Vendor, C - Client

Try to get it on a client letter head as much as possible. If thats not possible then the letter you have should work.

3. I applied for my H1 amendment. Do i get a new i797 copy? If i get a new i797 do i need to update my DS-160 application with new i797 receipt number?

I am not sure if you get a new I 797 receipt number. But if you get it you have to update the DS -160 with that number.

All the best.

2 yes, obviosuly thats not a client letter. you need to get the company letter head from your manager .

1 and the EVVC is employer vendor vendor client category if that is what you are asking, do you have any vendor letter thats shows the employee-employer relationship saying that ur employer controls your day to day activity.

3 Its better if you have that.updated I am just sharing my knowledge , others please share your thoughts if i am wrong.

2 yes, obviosuly thats not a client letter. you need to get the company letter head from your manager .

1 and the EVVC is employer vendor vendor client category if that is what you are asking, do you have any vendor letter thats shows the employee-employer relationship saying that ur employer controls your day to day activity.

3 Its better if you have that.updated I am just sharing my knowledge , others please share your thoughts if i am wrong.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I do have a letter from my vendor saying he is working for so and so client. But my employer doesn't controls my day to day activity, my client gives me the tasks. But how can i prove that my employer controls it?

Archived