H4 - F1, stamping in India

pvenigalla

I need some information. I have applied for COS from H4 to F1 in december. My change of status is approved. This is my second semester and now I am planning to go to india in the middle of semester due to some personal reasons. I need to get my F1 visa stamped in India.

My question is, if I go to F1 stamping in India, what type of financial documents do I have to provide during interview? My husband is sponsoring the fees and all. Can I show his bank statements and pay stubs? Or do I have to show the property documents etc in India. Please help!!

Thanks!!

Taking off during the semester is a really bad idea. You miss too much and can easily fail your classes. Some universities will not allow international students on F1 to receive Is in a class. They must receive an F which then can result in dismissal or academic probation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, it is a quick trip to address the emergency and not a 4 week or more vacation. I think a quick trip(a week or a little more/less) is ok. We don't miss much interms of academics.

But as t75 has mentioned, missing classes can lead to a down slope interms of grades. I was always focussed during my classes andn ever missed a single class or took a vacation during the semester but I imagin that emergencies are different thing!

Archived