H1B Stamping before joinging a new company

trigger0092000

Hello,

I need some expert advice on my situation. I am currently on H1B with a company (reputed fortune 100) and I am trying to change to a new company (reputed fortune 100) who will sponsor my H1B - change of status and employer.

My stamping from my previous comapny has expired. While I know that I dont have to go for stamping to change this job, I am thinkning of making a trip to India before I start working for the new company.

My question is: Say, once my H1B (I-797) is approved from the new company and I will still be employed with the current company, can I go to India and get stamping done? Are there any issues of going for stamping before I start working in the new job?

Please help.

My question is: Say, once my H1B (I-797) is approved from the new company and I will still be employed with the current company, can I go to India and get stamping done? Are there any issues of going for stamping before I start working in the new job?

You need a valid visa to enter into US which mean you need to attend visa interview with your latest 797.

Archived