Strange fix, can some one answer this issue

potluri040

Hi,

I am in a strange fix, need some advice.

My wife is on H1 in USA for 2.5 years now and she had been to India on family emergency. Since her stamping was expired in September 2012, she had gone for Visa Interview on Jan 16th 2013 in Hyderabad consulate and received 221G. My 8 year old daughter is in USA with me as we didn't want her schooling to be disturbed. But now as we understand 221G takes some time to get the admin processing done and get the decision, my daughter wants to join her Mom in India.

Since my daughter's stamping is also expired, she also may need to go thru stamping now.

1. What would be the procedure now for her visa interview? Do we need to fill the DS160 again for my daughter?

2. Does she need to go thru interview or can her papers be dropped at a drop box. (She is 8+ years and to be precise she was born on 06/18/2004)

3. I understand that she can accompany her Mom if she was with her when my wife initially went for Interview. but now would this be different case. Do i need to pay the Visa fees again.

4. Could you please guide me thru the process of adding my daughters Visa application to my wife's application.

Thank you

Raj

What about schooling? If the 221g is based on your H1 status credibility your daughter will also be affected. First wait for your wife to get the H4 visa. If she does your daughter will have no trouble.

pontevecchio:

My wife went for H1 stamping and got 221 on same. My daugthers H4 is also associated with her only. but anyways until my wife comes back my daughter wont return, so thats not an issue. And yes, unfortunately, she will miss her schooling. what can we do in these situations, Life is getting disturbed for may of us due to these things and we become helpless.

Archived