What is copy of tax returns exactly mean?

ss071117

I have seen many people posting this in the forum regarding this doc being asked during the visa intrw, is it similar to the W2? I have seen online tht the tax returns copy needs to be requested from the IRS for $57...is it true?

Cop of tax returns means, photocopy of your W2. No need to request it from IRS.

Did you engage any tax consultant to file your 2011 or previous year taxes? He should be able to get the copy, if you use software like turbotax,there is an option to request previous year returns. Return means the signed copy that you transmit to IRS to get either refund or pay additional taxes based on how your w2 is used by tax consultant/package to calculate your actual taxes for any year.

For 2012,if you had received w2, you have time till apr 15,2013 to file your taxes if you had not filed already.

Cop of tax returns means, photocopy of your W2. No need to request it from IRS.

No. Tax returns means Form 1040 (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) and other supporting documents you filed with IRS for your tax returns. Usually consulate asks for W2s along with tax returns. Even if they dont ask it is a good idea to submit W2s as well with your tax returns.

No. Tax returns means Form 1040 (U.S. Individual Income Tax Return) and other supporting documents you filed with IRS for your tax returns. Usually consulate asks for W2s along with tax returns. Even if they dont ask it is a good idea to submit W2s as well with your tax returns.

Yes, I got. Sorry it was my mistake.

Thanks all!

A tax transcripts shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules.In most cases transcript includes all the information a lender or government agency needs.

Order your transcripts for free at

http://www.irs.gov/I...er-a-Transcript

yes i was able to order the transcript but is it possible to update the address to new one which Im livin in? coz its identifying my old address only...

Archived