H1B Extension Interviewer considers US Credit history?

nivasmurthy

Hi,

I have a weird situation and may be my question is silly. Below are the details:

I am planning to go to India and attending Visa interview for H1B Extension in 20 days. I made all the plans and travelling in Feb. Meanwhile, last night got a mail from District court of Columbia, Maryland for Rent failure. I was shocked because we thought we have already paid rent for Jan month and double checked with my wife since she paid the rent online. I opened online account and found that she tried pay the whole rent on Dec 31st but unfortunately that transaction was done only for Utility (water) bill but my wife thought she paid the whole rent. I was depending on her and I overlooked at it since I had been busy with project release for the 20 days. I paid the rent online immediately and ready to go to court and end the case showing rental receipt by next week. For your information, this is the first time it happened like this, I never failed to pay rent on time. The community rules are like this, it doesn't matter whether it is first time or not they follow the court case root to notify the Tenant.

As I said I am going to India and going for Visa interview. Now I am worried about this Rental case and effect on Visa interview. I heard that rental cases may impact on credit history. Will this cause any issues for my visa interview? Please suggest me. I am so worried about this incident. Though we didn't do this mistake intentionally but happened unfortunately.

Please suggest me. Based on your answer I will take decision on my India travel. Thanks again in advance!

nivas

Archived