Conditions for working from H1-to-H4 and then back to h1

sidm1810

Hi,

I'm working as a fulltime employee on H1B and my visa expires in Nov 2013.

I have an approved I-140 from my previous company.Also my current company has filed my new I-140 ....

I have a question regarding switching to and from H1-H4....In the event that I lose my current job or I have to leave my current job and switch to H4...is my PD from my previously approved I-140 still valid while I'm on H4?

Also if I get an extension beyond 6 years from my previous approved I-140 before I switch to H4 and then move to H4....assuming that my H1b is still in valid status because of the extension although I'm not working for the employer....Can I still switch back to my employer after few years(before H1 expires)??

Also If I switch to another employer and get an extension for H1 beyond 6 years for another 3 years based on approved I-140 and then move to H4...Can I still work for the new employer(who transferred my H1) later?

Please advise.

When ponte, one of the most experienced posters, recommends you contact an attorney, he has deduced that you have "issues" beyond the scope of a forum.

You are a highly paid guest worker, the cost of an attorney's opinion is cheap based on the cost of the mistake you may make.

Archived