Need an advice on H1B

H1UKUser

Hi Guys,

I worked for some xyz company in Australia and my H1B visa was filed last year by some xyz company .

Now i am currently located to India and started for another company since few months.

How does this going to affect my visa interview if i attend in India?

What kind of things can i expect in Interview ? I am quite confused. Can any one suggest.

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you still have employment with initial xyz company? Or do you have intended employment in future i.e. after your stamping?

Remember H1B is sponsored by the petitioner which is your initial xyz company. When you go for interview you may be asked the following questions:

1. Employment letter and other petitioned documents from the employer (Remember they will mostly have a copy of these in PIMS)

2. Where are you going to work?

3. Do you have a client? If yes, who is it? Client letter.

4. What is the project duration?

5. Your previous pay slips, bank statements etc.

Apart from these based on Consular Offer's discretion your case MAY BE recommended for further administrative processing which could involve:

1. Verification of documents for their authenticity

2. Verification of employment (with employer and client)

3. Name check / Security clearance

4. Employer verification..etc.

I hope you are not planning to attend the visa interview without the knowledge of initial xyz company (original petitioner). If yes, it is not at all a good idea. Wish you all the best!

Hi ALL ,

Thanks a ton for your responses . I think i didn't explained my case properly. I worked for a company X in australia

and got an offer from a new US company Y when i was in australia. Later my australian visa got expired and i came back to India. After coming back to India my H1B petition filed by Y company was approved. Meanwhile in india i started working for another company.

So my current company and previous australian company are no where related to company whol filed my H1B petition. Hope it is clear now.

Hi ALL ,

Thanks a ton for your responses . I think i didn't explained my case properly. I worked for a company X in australia

and got an offer from a new US company Y when i was in australia. Later my australian visa got expired and i came back to India. After coming back to India my H1B petition filed by Y company was approved. Meanwhile in india i started working for another company.

So my current company and previous australian company are no where related to company whol filed my H1B petition. Hope it is clear now.

Your first post was surely confusing :) Ok. based on what you mentioned it is not a problem. It does not matter who is your current employer. As long as your petitioner still has the same position available for you.

The H1 interview will be like any persons H1 visa Interview. They will need to see job documentation and proof of your credentials and will ask you things only you will know. The puzzling factor is why the delay in joining the H1 sponsor? If you are working in Layers and are not a direct hire please discuss the whole matter with the company Immigration Lawyer or your own first.

Archived