Employer Issue

santhosh86

Hi All,

I am planning to go for Stamping in India.

My Home town is Vizag and can i go to any other US consulates besides Hyd US consulate in India?

I am planning to go to Chennai Consulate..Please share your experience if any one has done there stamping in Chennai consulate.

I have done my Masters in US and i was in CPT for 6 months while i was doing my Masters.

I have updated my CPT I20 with AAA employer but in the whole 6 months CPT period , i have worked with BBB employer for a month.

I havent updated my CPT I20 with BBB employer

Now when i fill my DS 160 , Do i need to update my empl0yer details as BBB for 6 months?

or do i need to fill emplyer details as BBB employer for 1 month?

When i ask my BBB employer to provide me the offer letter for 6 months , they are not willing to provide as i have worked with BBB employer for only a month

Will this be an issue?

Please help me in providing the answers to the above questions

I really appreciate your help in advance

Hi ,

I havent worked for A...I have done my masters in Silicon Valley Univ...

I took CPT for 6 months after completing 1 full academic year and my CPT I20 is updated with A company

I have worked with B company for a month and i havent worked for the other 5 months in CPT period

If VO asks about my CPT period ..Is that Ok to tell tat i worked in CPT only for a month and i havent worked for the rest of the months?

Will there be any risk if i dont work in CPT?

My B employer is willing to provide experience letter only for a month which i have worked for.

If VO saks about my previous employers..Should i mention that i worked with B employer for a month or do i need to discard B employer?

Do i need to fill the previous employer with B company for a month in DS 160 or do i need to discard it?

Not sure how to handle my CPT period..Hope everyone has understood my problem

Does VO asks about the paystubs from the previous employers?

If i dont have the complete pay stubs of the previous employers , will there be any problem?

I have complete paystubs with my present employer which is since 2 years

Any help is really appreciated

Your CPT employment sounds suspect with respect to the governing laws, regulations, and rules. A F-1 student visa is for full-time, on campus studies -- not employment. That is the misuse issue with CPT. Regardless, you always need to be 100% truthful and honest with immigration authorities, such as the visa officer (VO) when going for stamping. Purposely omitting information is considered fraudulent, the same as lying. Pretending you didn't work for a period ("discard it") will likely be found out, and then you will have a much bigger problem.

Hi,

I have an offer letter stating that i am working with A employer as Internship for the CPT period but unfortunately my payroll ran for a month of 40 hrs with B employer.

So If VO asks about previous employers , is that fine if i discard A employer and let them know that i worked with B employer since i never worked with A employer but my CPT I20 states that i worked with A employer in CPT period?

If VO asks about the previous employers , should i let them know about my previous employer since my OPT period starts or should i need to tell about my employers since CPT?

Do i need to fill with B employer details discarding A employer in DS 160?

I am confused of how should i handle this situation...

Archived