4 charges but 2 dismissed - ds160

regretmymistake

Hi,

I have been charged for DUI, OWI, Assault officer and Flee & Elude which have been raising out of one incident. Because of drunken and drive , I had all other charges. But two charges(DWI and Assault officer) are dismissed. I have 2 misdemeanors for DUI and Flee & Elude.

I am going to say yes for the below question.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?

My question is do I have to mention everything like I mentioned above or I can write only two misdemeanors. What would be the best way to mention. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I was arrested for something really silly when I was in college. No charges were ever filed because I didn't do anything wrong. I have letters from the arresting officer and the DA that clearly state that my arrest was mistake due to confusion. But, I've had to disclose my arrest, explain it and give documentation in H1-B applications, H1-B visa interviews and GC application. I even have to go through secondary screening at airports.

Make sure you have all the documentation from your arrest/court case etc and always keep multiple copies when travelling. Some of the officials understand and the others treat you like a criminal. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"....

Disclose everything completely, including the charges you were arrested on even if they have been dropped.

Archived