Dependent Visa issue

venkata999

I am on F1 17 Month extension OPT status. My F1 will end on April 20th 2013. I got married on Nov 18th 2012 in India. When I married my wife is already in process of applying for F1 from India and she also got I20's wit her. After our marriage she attended F1 Visa interview for 4 times and was denine in Dec 2012 and Jan 2013. Beacuse we are not planned and not registered our marriage at the time of her Visa interview she stated her status as "Unmarried". Know, I want to bring her as dependent (F2) or on H4 after appying for H1 visa on April.

Will this be problem if she attend Visa interview for Dependent visa after this.

Please help me with my situation.

Know we have our marriage registered and also we have all documents ready stating that I can sponser her in US as my dependent.

From which university was her I-20? Hopefully a real one, and not one of these fake schools like ******* or ***.

But she'll likely have more problems with lying about the marriage. Why in the world do people do this kind of stuff???

You both should see a good immigration lawyer.

I am on F1 17 Month extension OPT status. My F1 will end on April 20th 2013. I got married on Nov 18th 2012 in India. When I married my wife is already in process of applying for F1 from India and she also got I20's wit her. After our marriage she attended F1 Visa interview for 4 times and was denine in Dec 2012 and Jan 2013. Beacuse we are not planned and not registered our marriage at the time of her Visa interview she stated her status as "Unmarried". Know, I want to bring her as dependent (F2) or on H4 after appying for H1 visa on April.

Will this be problem if she attend Visa interview for Dependent visa after this.

Please help me with my situation.

Know we have our marriage registered and also we have all documents ready stating that I can sponser her in US as my dependent.

It totally depends on why was she denied a visa. Also did she ever mention in her interview that she got married? Was she asked any question about her martial status? If yes, what was the question and what how did she respond? If she was denied on financial basis, what program she enrolled for and how much fund did she declare?

Too many factors for denial can be involved. You need to mention first that why was she denied?

Archived