OPT extension

ketu

Currently I am on OPT. I have been Unemployed for 99 days after that i am currently working in IT firm. As i am Computer Science Graduate i am eligible for OPT Extension. i got all require document from College DSO and From the employer. I am going for OPT extension is there any chance that i will get extension.

You have exceeded the allowed unemployment at 99 days. You are not eligible to be working at this time much less qualify for an extension.

I believe it is much better of to remain silent when there is a topic that one has very little knowledge of. It might create unnecessary panic to the concerned person. I appreciate your help on several other posts though.

Cheers.

I believe it is much better of to remain silent when there is a topic that one has very little knowledge of. It might create unnecessary panic to the concerned person. I appreciate your help on several other posts though.

The information posted regarding 99 days of unemployment is correct. OPT allows up to 90 days of unemployment. Just because you got an OPT STEM extension after 108 days of unemployment does not charge the law, regulations, and rules. The next person could be denied an OPT STEM extension with 91 days of unemployment. You need to follow your own advice.

Archived