OPT, H1B approval but not joined yet, H1B transfer

userwq

I've been working for company A on OPT for a couple of months now. Company B filed H1B for me back in may 2012 and it was approved last friday - Jan 4th 2013. And I received a very good job offer from company C today.

1) It is my understanding that since my H1B has been approved I cannot work on OPT anymore. Am I correct?

2) I would like finish my current tasks and leave company A on good terms, instead of just stopping to work for them from tomorrow.

2a) Would that be legal? since I believe my status is now H1B from company B.

2b) Is there like a reasonable period for which I can continue working for company A? I don't think so, but just wanted to ask.

3) I would like to have my H1B transferred to company C.

3a) Is it possible at all, since I haven't worked for company B at all and so don't have any pay stubs (which seems like a common req) from company B?

3b) If possible, what are the options?

I would appreciate any help and guidance the community members can provide.

Thanks in advance!

1. Correct. Why did you not think about this aspect? 2. You cannot work for the OPT employer anymore if the H1 was approved with COS. Legality is secondary. You would have burnt your bridges with the OPT employer and B. 3. Join B and have C file a H1 petition with CP and on approval work out any notice from B and go and get your H1 visa and come back. You have to be absolutely truthful with employers as many do understand the facts of life. Maybe spend a bit of money on a Lawyer,. say the firm of Murthy who may suggest a better solution.

Archived