If i get approved for H1B , for how long they will issue visa to me.

pragya777

Hello there,

i came in US on L2 spouse visa on july 2008, until sep end 2012 i was on L2 as we got extension in nov 2011until nov 2012. As my husband was on L1B and he came in april 2008 so we changed the status before completing 5 yrs in US. He got his H1B starting from oct 2012 so i came on H4.

now we both got the document saying that our status is approved until june 2014, my hubbys H1B and my h4.

Now i want to come in H1B from h4 and want to file this year, as for me also its been 4 years 5 months , so if i apply after coming to F1 first and then to H1B, for how long they will issue me visa as this is the first time i would be on H1B.

Just to bring to your notice when i was on L2 spouse visa i worked in between june 2009 to june 2010 with IT company as open consultant and also worked from oct 2011 to feb 2012 with IT company on EAD.

1) should i go for F1 for short term course where they issue CPT to make H1B process easier to apply. is it true if i come on F1, to file H1B will have more chances of getting approved.

2) how much time gap should be in between filing f1 and then h1b

3) for how long the H1B would be issued to me, if issued.

4) how high are my chances of getting H1B on the basis of :

a) Bachelors in IT - 3 years degree from IGNOU

b) almost 9.5 years of working experience in IT field - project analyst, project coordinator, sr. engineer. (i am not on technical coding side instead i am on project management side now- Ms project , practitioner level certified until 2015)

please answer, need expert advice..

thanks

pragya

what DOA means pontevecchio? by same IT company do you mean the company who applies for my F1 or in what sense same is being used here?

my question was if in case everything goes fine. Is there any chance that i can be issued more than 9 months H1B visa as i would be completing 6 years by then, though i was on dependent visa, L2 (JULY 2008 TO SEP 2012) and H4 (OCT 2012 TO FEB 2013)

until feb 2013 i am planning to come on F1 visa so i can apply for H1B visa in april 2013.

Please i need some expert advice, lawyers or any seniors please reply to this post. thankyou all.

Archived