L1B extension, L1B to H1 (Cap exempt) question

zarna84

Hi

My LI1b Visa (blanket petition)/ I-94 is expiring on June 30, 2013 with Company A

Q1- I am going to ask my employer A for filing the extension. can somebody help me how much time does it take to get the extension approved and the application fees ?

Q2-I have read L1B extension application takes months, so while the L1B extension application is in process, Is it possible to file the COS for L1 to H1 on April 1, 2013 by same Employer A

Q3-There was a H1 filed and Approved in April 2010 thru a different employer B (but NO stamping was done) valid untill September 15, 2013 and eventually employer A offered me job so I entered US on L1B in June 2010. Does this old H1-B petition help employer A to change COS from L1B to H1B or have to apply in the 2014 H1B quota afresh.

Q4-Does old H1 petition help in any case if i want to switch to a new job to altogether to a new Employer C under Cap exempt or still any Employer C has to apply for a fresh H1B on April 1, 2013?

I have been reading lot of posts and see L1B extension rejection rates are high. Since I have 5 months in hand would really appreciate any type of feedback/help/experiences on this matter.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Zarna

Archived