H1 approved on OPT but couldnt work on H1 after OPT completion

Chowdhary

Hi,

I came to US on F-1 Visa and i had completed my Masters.Currently, I am on Stem extension OPT which will expiry on 15-Jan-2013. I went to India on my stem extension OPT in March 2012 for my marriage and my employer had applied my H1-B while I am in India without my I-94. I returned back USA in May-2012 and started working back on my Stem OPT from July -2012 to a new client. My H-1 B got approved in Sept-2012. On H-1B i can see Consulate as HYDERABAD and Validation Period as 01-OCT-2012 to 23-SEPT-2015. According to my employer words i came to know that even though my H-1 B was approved Currently I am still on my OPT. He also says that he had applied my H-1 B by mentioning that i was working on an internal project to his company. Now my employer says i need a H-1 Amendment or else I have to go to stamping. I already explained to my client my situation. Please advise i am totally in frustration I don't know what to do ? Do I really need to do H-1B Amendment? Please help me and suggest me the possible ways. I don't have a client letter from where i am working currently and there are 3 layers in between client and my employer.If i get client letter will it work for my H-1B Amendment ? Please provide me possible ways to get out of this situation.... I really don't want to loose my status..

Thanks a lot in advance....

Chowdhary

He also says that he had applied my H-1 B by mentioning that i was working on an internal project to his company. Now my employer says i need a H-1 Amendment or else I have to go to stamping. I already explained to my client my situation. Please advise i am totally in frustration I don't know what to do ? Do I really need to do H-1B Amendment? Please help me and suggest me the possible ways. I don't have a client letter from where i am working currently and there are 3 layers in between client and my employer.If i get client letter will it work for my H-1B Amendment ? Please provide me possible ways to get out of this situation.... I really don't want to loose my status..

Thanks a lot in advance....

Chowdhary

Your employer is correct. You need to have H1 amendment ASAP. If you can't get the client letter, then tell your employer to find another project for you and make sure that you have min no.of layers in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived