Change of Status H4 - F1 (Second Time)

raghoji

Hi

I have a query regarding change of status from H4 - F1. I wife came to US in Jun 2010 on H4 visa. I started masters in Fall 2011 and completed first 2 quarters on H4. In march 2012 I did change of status to F1. Last month I came to India and went for my F1 stamping. Unfortunately my stamping got rejected.

I currently have a valid H4 visa which can be used for travel to united states ( It has been verified by my attorney and assured that it is valid for travel )

I have few questions which I have listed below:

1) I will travel to united states on H4 visa . Can I continue my masters?

2) If I can attend my quarter on H4 status as a full time student can I also extend my masters program into subsequent full time quarters ?

3) If I can be on H4 status as a full time student and I can extend my masters into subsequent quarters , Can I apply for another change of status to F1? ( I do understand that the change of status might or might not be granted by USCIS )

4) If my change of status to F1 is granted , will I be eligible to apply for OPT as I have been a full time student for more than a year and my status would be F1? will that affect my SEVIS number?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived