H1B Stamping - Any questions on GC Processing?

stlkrishna

I am planning to go for H1B visa stamping to Canada.

My I-140 is approved and I have H1B till June 2014.

I have couple of questions:

a. Anyone had any questions on GC status during your visa interview? If so, can you please let me know what questions they asked you.

b. Do we need to carry any documents related to GC processing to support any answers to VO's questions on GC processing?

Appreciate your inputs.

I had the same situation - the VO didn't ask a single question. As long as you've indicated on DS160 truthfully that GC has been applied- they usually wont bother. NEVER LIE - - Non Immigrants applying from GC is quite natural and VO will never hold this against you - people seem to have a misconception their VISA might get rejected if they indicated that they applied for an Immigrant status while on NIV - this is wrong. Carry your approved I140 approval notice or receipt (or its copy) with you naturally.

I don't think they will ask any you questions on GC. Your paper work on H1B should be up to date will all the required documents and proofs etc.

You don't need to carry any GC paperwork but double check with your company attorney.

In my case I was on TN visa (Canadian citizen visa for temporary work & not dual intent) & my company applied for GC & H1B at same time. My I-140 got approved first before H1B visa but no question on GC during interview. The only question was why are you applying for H1B when you had TN.... I told the visa officer that my company sponsored my GC & I- 40 is approved.... no questions after that.

Its better to be safe than sorry.

Expect simple questions on GC processing if you are on H1 for more than 6 years, otherwise not that much. You should carry all your previous USCIS approvals and 140 approval copy is one of them. Usually they ask for copy of 140 and when and who is processing your GC. Other than that I personally haven't heard of any detailed question on GC in a H1B stamping interview.

Archived