H1 Visa Stamping question

reachsidhu

This is my situation, was wondering if you could provide any advice on this.

I recently shifted jobs in US and i got the following forms from USCIS

1. 2 pages of I 797 A, the first page had an I-94 attached to it

2. 1 page of I 797 C

I lost the page 1 of I 797 A form(original) alone which had the new I 94 attached to it. I still have a copy of the page 1 , page 2 original and I 797 C original with me

My question is i am travelling to India early next year and i have to get my visa stamped

1. Will i have any problems when i leave US as i don't have the new I 94 attached to my I 797 A but the I 94 number on my passport and this new I 94 is the same and the I 94 in my passport expired in May 2012

2. Will i require the original I 797 A when i go for my stamping to Chennai consulate or a copy of the same would work or I 797 C original would work.

Thanks for your time. Please let me know

Thanks,

Sidharth Mohan

Hello ponte,

Are you really sure I don't need an original to get my stamping in chennai consulate?

I have original of I 797 C and also a copy of I 797A.

I am really worried, when I sent an email to chennai consulate they are saying it depends on the consular officer and they always encourage to carry the original.

Pease advice

That is the penalty for depending on a forum for specific answers. In view of PIMS your copy will suffice. Even if you had the original and PIMS did not reflect it your visa will be denied. " Carry with You to the Interview:

• Your valid passport and previously issued passports
  • The DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
  • VFS appointment letter
  • H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of the I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents" Why will you not bother to read the above instructions from the Chennai consulate website?

Archived