H1 - Unable to get SSN

smileysilvia

Hi,

I am on H1 and started working since Oct 1 2012. I have applied my H1 on Oct 2nd week in Austin SSN office and I have received a letter on Sept last week stating that "They cannot issue SSN as they are unable to verify my alien status" I visited the SSN office and they suggested me to reapply for SSN and the officer told me that she unable to verify the data in the system and asked me to take an epass for USCIS and meet the officer in person. I visited the uscis office in San antonio and the officer said he cannot verify my data as my H1 was filed from Vermont Center and asked to contact USCIS call center and the ccontact center person asked me to go back to "San antonio" USCIS office and I didn't receive any response from ssn office till now. In the mean time, My employer received a suggestion from my payroll processing authority to "Terminate" me at the earliest. But my employer don't want to do this as they want to retain me. Can someone guide me what I should now to continue my Job and don't want to frustrate my employer more ?

"Thanks for your suggestions. I checked with my attorney and he told that Employer cannot fire only for not having SSN. But today visited SSN office and my immigration status has been verified successfully and my SSN is on the way :-) "

=> Good, congratulations. Patience pays !!

Archived