DS 160 "Previously Employed" question

hiren

Hello All

When I was on OPT that time I mention ABC employer name to get OPT extension. But never work on OPT with ABC employer. Currently I am with XYZ employer. They filed my H1B. I am working with them since last 2 years. On H1B more than one year with XYZ employer.

My question is In DS 160 there is one question like “Were you previously employed?”

Do I have to say yes and mention about ABC employer??? Or say No to this question.

As on OPT I never worked under ABC. If VO ask about what did you do on OPT then what is the good answer for this??

Please help me on this…

Bunch of thanks in advance...

hi HIren ,

I was in the same situation as you are.. Before going for my VISA I checked with my employer same question, he said to put it in DS160 and don't worry about it. VO will be more concerned about your current I797( H1 status ) not your OPT.

but i was not asked anything about my previous employer in my visa interview and i got approved so it was ok for me.

Anywaz in my case when i was with my opt employer, i did few Microsoft certifications so i prepared myself like this.

"I worked as an intern; I was trained in Microsoft technologies, preparing for certification and learning about Software Development Life cycle and implementing/support other developers on a needed basis"

however Answer may differ in your case, i thought to say something which supports my job responsibilities .

Hope this helps you. Good Luck

thanks

Srini

Archived