OPT expiring, no offer from E-verify firm

jaedz

Hi all,

I am in a situation where I need your help and suggestions.

Currently I am working on OPT which will expire on January 2nd 2013. I applied for OPT Extension for 17 months with an understanding that my employer is an E-verified company. I got to know today that my employer is not an E-Verified Company and I have received a RFE in my OPT extension.

I only have 15 days before my OPT expires and I currently dont have an offer from an e-verify company. My current employer is ready to file H1 but that means i have to wait until October 2013.

Please suggest what options do I have.

Can i find a job in my 60 day grace period with e-verify employer and file for OPT extension during this time.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ask the employer to get everified. I do not think you can get OPT extension once the grace period starts. I may be wrong. Hence talk to your DSO ASAP. On the other hand have the H1 sponsor file the H1 and you could leave before the 60 day grace period ends and come back in October with a visa if the H1 is approved. This way you could check out the job scene in your home country. Which college are we talking about?

Hi all,

I am in a situation where I need your help and suggestions.

Currently I am working on OPT which will expire on January 2nd 2013. I applied for OPT Extension for 17 months with an understanding that my employer is an E-verified company. I got to know today that my employer is not an E-Verified Company and I have received a RFE in my OPT extension.

I only have 15 days before my OPT expires and I currently dont have an offer from an e-verify company. My current employer is ready to file H1 but that means i have to wait until October 2013.

Please suggest what options do I have.

Can i find a job in my 60 day grace period with e-verify employer and file for OPT extension during this time.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

You have to find a job before your OPT expires.

Archived