Moving back to US

kswamin

Hi,

I was working with a company in North Carolina until Nov 2011. The company had sponsored my H1B and is valid until Sept 2013 as per the stamp on the VISA on my passport. Due to personal reasons I had to move to India in Dec 2011 after quitting the company on good terms. Now I'm ready to go back and work with the company where I worked earlier as they are also interested in having me back on board. What should I do next?

A point of concern is that, the company where I worked for is in the process of being acquired by another company. Would this change anything with respect to the VISA since the company's name may or may not be retained as earlier.

Should I wait for the acquisition to go through and get a new offer letter? Assuming that the name of the company changed would this mean I have to get a new VISA stamped?

Thank you. Since I was away from the US for a year now, would that count towards the 3 year limit on H1B or would the count start when I reenter US?

Also am I eligible to apply to any other company in the US too? Would that also be similar to filing a H1B petition for non cap by the employer?

Archived