H1B Visa Renewal requires Dependent ( H4) Visa renewal too?

nivasmurthy

Hi Everyone,

I got my first H1B extension in Nov, 2011 and my wife got H4 in India and joined me in Dec 2011. After that I didn't leave US and didn't go for stamping. Meanwhile I changed my employer and joined a new company in last 6 months. My transfer got approved for 2 and Half years (Sept 2014). Even then I didn't leave USA and didn't get stamping. Now I am planning to go to India to attend my brother's wedding and getting ready to go for stamping in Hyderabad.

My questions

1.) if I go for Visa Stamping do I need to take my along with me and get her Visa too?

Her current Visa (h4) states that she has validty until 2014 but on her Visa stamp it shows my old employer's name since she got her Visa while I was with previous employer.

2. ) If I need to take her for stamping what is the procedure I need to follow?

Please help me. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Nivas

Sorry there was a typo in my first question in the above post I have given those questions here again.

1.) if I go for Visa Stamping do I need to take my wife along with me and get her H4 Visa too?

Her current Visa (h4) states that she has validity until 2014 but on her Visa stamp it shows my old employer's name since she got her Visa while I was with previous employer.

2. ) If I need to take her for stamping what is the procedure I need to follow?

Thanks,

nivas

• 1 month later...

Archived