Questions on H4 Stamping

Srideep

Hello All,

I have few questions on my H4 stamping. My wife is on H1 and will be going for my H4 stamping.

1. Should I carry my original education certificates for the interview? I do not have them with me currently as my company holds them.

2. What should I answer for how long I would stay in US? As I mentioned 6 months in my DS 160 form, if I say the same thing will they give me only for 6months visa.

3. how should I justify that I am not going for working or studying?

Please advice ASAP.

Thank you!

1. The educational certs are immaterial. One does not need education to get a H4 visa. 2. Don't you want to stay as long as your wife stays?. 3. You do not have to justify anything. The H4 visa is granted solely on the basis of the spouses H1 valid status. One is allowed to study in H4 status. One is not allowed to work in H4 status as of now.

Srideep,

Can you answer few questions for me.

1. If you have the photo copies also, it should be fine. But in most cases, they won't ask your education certificates, your wife h1 documents are important, you need to have marriage certificate, wedding album, wedding invitation cards.

2. On what basis you mentioned 6 months in your DS 160, it should depend on the validity of the H1. The spouse H1 expiry date will be your duration of the stay.

3. there is nothing to justify, you will answer these questions while you are filling you DS 160, say the truth. if you are working or studying let the consulate office know about it. there is nothing wrong in saying that.

Good luck

Archived