Employer Tax Returns

jan7th

Hello,

I work for an American Based Small company as Full-Time Employee. As my employer and our company Lawyer are not aware of H1-B documents my employer said he can not provide me with

1. Company previous years tax-returns

2. quarterly unemployment wage reports

3. List of employees and their information.

Could you please suggest me what to do?

Thank you very much.

JoeF: the company that I am working for is a Small Company. It does consulting Services. So, I work at my client's site. So do I not required to carry the company related documents at all?

What now? You said you are an FTE, which means that you don't work as consultant.

I know some companies have consulting as well as in-house development services, what do you work in? If you are a consultant, the tax returns might be required, but if you are an in-house developer for your company (precisely: not working at a client location on a client project), you don't really need tax returns of your employer. Also, if you are a consultant, and your employer is not wiling to share the tax returns, you need to equip yourself well to be able to convince them otherwise. I have worked at a 'small' american company and they are really ignorant about immigration requirements and processes. If that is the case, you will have to gather knowledge and teach/guide them wherever required - that's exactly what I did.

Good luck!

First of All Thank you guys very much for responding. Let me make my case clear to every one. My company have direct contract with very well known company(X) which is developing software for their client. So, I am working at the X company's location. I have the contract btw my company and X company also the Statement of Work. I tried my best to convince them about these Financial documents but he is not ready to give or even send to Consulate via mail before their request. So, now please tell me what are the chances of asking about company financials when I have all the other documents however I am getting one letter from my company saying being a private firm their policy is not to disclose the financial to any employee however they will upon the request by the consulate. Once again thank you very much for your time.

So, you are not FTE, buyt working as consultant.

For consulting companies, the consulates nowadays require tax returns, employee, records, etc.

That's due to abuse by shady consulting companies.

There is no way around that, except for you finding a real FTE employer.

Archived