Non Cap Exempt H1B Visa

med_amit

Hi There,

I have a H1B visa stamped till 03rd March 2013. I am an Indian resident. I never went to USA even after the visa got stamped due to some reasons. I even left the company who filed and got my visa stamped. Now, on the verge of closure of December 2012, I have received a offer from a US based organization to work with them. They are however unsure of how to do a transfer to Visa. Hence, I ask assistance from the company who filed my Visa. They asked me to tell the new company to file a non cap exempt H1B visa in premium Quota. This will give me a visa with the new company and they can make me come aboard. Please note that I am very new to all this. Here are some of my questions:

1) What is this H1B non cap exempt Visa? I tried searching on net but never got anything. How is different from normal H1B visa.

2) Is it true that if filed as they specify I will get the Visa transferred within max 2 months time?

3) What are the fees? Somebody told me that it will have $3500 Visa processing fee and $1500 for applying Non-Cap Exempt in Premium Quota fee. Someone else also told me that $1500 will only be required.

4) Is this an actual transfer of Visa or something like a pseudo or temporary transfer? I am a bit confused.

5) What happens if the Visa I have gets expired and I have still not gone to US? Will that mark a dent in my further applications for visa?

There are many more questions. I am completely baffled. I need to visit US. I always dreamed of it. Please answer as soon as possible so that I can ask new company to help me out.

Regards,

Amit

1) What is this H1B non cap exempt Visa? I tried searching on net but never got anything. How is different from normal H1B visa.

Cap exempt mean that you no need to file new H1B and you can use your existing approve H1B petion.

2) Is it true that if filed as they specify I will get the Visa transferred within max 2 months time?

Yes. If premium case most probably

3) What are the fees? Somebody told me that it will have $3500 Visa processing fee and $1500 for applying Non-Cap Exempt in Premium Quota fee. Someone else also told me that $1500 will only be required.

I hope your employer take over exp

4) Is this an actual transfer of Visa or something like a pseudo or temporary transfer? I am a bit confused.

Actual

5) What happens if the Visa I have gets expired and I have still not gone to US? Will that mark a dent in my further applications for visa?

You can file extension with same visa

Archived