I-539 petition required to be update at USCIS??

trivedi3377

Hi all,

We came to India for short vacation and we were having valid i-797(for H1) and I-539(for H4).

We(My wife and I) went to H1/H4 visa stamping at New delhi embassy. I was on H1 visa and my wife went for H4 visa. In interview , VO kept all the documents and passport and after 2 1/2 months , embassy issued standard formal refusal letter saying that they are forwarding my case to USCIS for review.

I registered my case with USCIS website and included my and my wife's petition, so i can get updates from USCIS. Few days back, I received from USCIS that they received my case from DOS. Now when i login in USCIS website and when I am searching thru my petition number it's showing that my case is updated and they received case but when I am searching thru my wife's I-539 petition than there is NO updates on it.

My questions are:

1). Is it required that my wife's (she is on H4 visa), petition(I-539) status must also update in USCIS website along with my updates? or it's NOT required as she is dependent on my visa(H1B)?

2). Once USCIS receives case from the US embassy, what is the procedure/steps from re-affirm/query on case upto visa stamping? Any timeframe on each step??

Pls. let me know.

Thanks,

Montu

Archived