H1b visa stamp in Israel

awadhesh77

I am an Indian citizen and currently on H1b visa in USA since October 2007. I changed few companies in last 5 years. I never went back to India even on vacation trip. My new company is sending my Israel for business meetings. I am planning to get H1b visa stamp done in US embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel.

What is the possibility of getting visa stamped in Israel? Would they send me to India to get H1b visa stamp? I would highly appreciate your response to my question.

Whichever country or place you are outside America, out of the borders of America you will attend the VISA interview in an American Embassy or Consulate. The American Citizens will take your interview and it solely depends on the VO decision to grant or not grant visa. However, someone may update you with the number of VISAs being granted in Tel Aviv.

In my case , Ottawa Canada most of my friends with FTE got their visas approved

Thank you all for the reply. I have to go to Israel in 3 weeks and already submitted my passport for Isarel's business visa. So I can't go to canada or mexico, will see what happens. My company lawer said that it should be fine. I can go to India for visa stamping in case of any problem there. My company will take care of all the expenses and if needed I can work from there for few weeks.

I dont know if it helps: My colleague, a Japanese attended US consulate for business visa in Taiwan. That is not his first time visa though..I attended S.Korean consulate from China....And, you know you can definitely apply for most country visas from US although you are not citizen or PR..

I would contact US consulate in Israel and see if I can go. The other side of the coin is, it is your first time H1 stamping..there is fairly good chance that they ask you to apply visa from home country...--My 2 cents

I dont know if it helps: My colleague, a Japanese attended US consulate for business visa in Taiwan. That is not his first time visa though..I attended S.Korean consulate from China....And, you know you can definitely apply for most country visas from US although you are not citizen or PR..

I would contact US consulate in Israel and see if I can go. The other side of the coin is, it is your first time H1 stamping..there is fairly good chance that they ask you to apply visa from home country...--My 2 cents

The part "it is your first time H1 stamping..there is fairly good chance that they ask you to apply visa from home country...--My 2 cents"

I don't necessarily agree with this comment. Although its mentioned as a precautionary method. There are various cases of Change of the VISA type from F1 to H1B from L1 to H1B , etc. where the candidate may appear for the first time H1B stamping, which is not necessarily done in the home country.

Be careful at the airport in Israel, they will profile & grill you pretty bad.

Don't carry any extra electronic stuff .... they forced my friend to pack the laptop in checked baggage and it never reached USA.

Few others have nasty experience at the airport & they were on business visa.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived