H1b - H4 - H1b

srinivasareddysh

Hi,

My name is Srinivas. I persued my Masters from USA. My H1b visa started from Oct 1st 2011 with Employer A. I went to India, had stamping on my passport and visa is valid till Aug 2014. Recently, I have lost my job on Nov 15th 2012, In order to maintain legal status, I got married to my fiance (She is on H1 b) and submitted an application for change of status to H4 on Dec 2nd 2012.

What happens, if I get a job in next couple of days, Can I still make my H1 b transfer with new employer. If Yes, Can i start work from the day, when my H1 b transfer petition gets approved or need to wait unitl Oct 1st 2013.

I have read the forums and understand that, I dont have to wait till Oct 1st 2013, If I get a job.

Please provide your valuable comments, looking for help very badly.

Thank you,

Sri M

I have doubt here....can you make your transfer from h4 to h1 to a new employee. I heard it should be transferred to the old employee only.Please let me know if you can transfer to new employee and what documents are required?

I am in similar situation.I don't want to transfer to my old employee.

Thanks to all for understanding my situation(DESPITE TYPO's) and providing the solution. I did already mention its a TYPO and as you can see it happened in the same post...not REPEATED.

P.S: Don't want to make my TYPO a bigger issue than the actual one what the thread is opened for.

--

Time and tide waits for NONE. Use it CareFullY

Archived