Enter US with B1 or H1?

mitsu3000gt

Hello experts,

My brother has traveled to US in the past with his B1 visa. His B1 is valid till Dec 2013. Meanwhile his company applied for his H1 and he got his visa stamped 9 months back. His H1 visa and I797 are valid till Sept 30 2014. So, currently he have valid B1 and H1. He traveled once to US on his B1 but never with his H1.

He would like to come to US for couple weeks sometime early next year and travel to China on a business trip. His primary purpose of US trip is to work/train people at his US office location. Now, his questions are:

1) Does he need to enter US with his valid H1 or B1? Again, purpose of his trip is to train/work at his US office location. In the past he traveled with his B1 but never with H1

2) Do you know if he has any problem applying for China business visa with his stay on B1 visa in USA? I know, he can apply for Chinese business visa with his H1. But, can he apply China visa if he enter US with his B1?

I wrote to Chinese Consulate for answer 2) and waiting on their response. Meanwhile, I thought I should post in murthy forum.

I appreciate your time on this and thanks for help.

Why is he not applying for the visa in his home country?

He is planning to renew his passport while in India and he isnt sure if gets his passport back in time to goto Consulate of China...Consulate of China in India is taking average of 15 days for business visa and my brother isnt very sure if everthing goes fine in this fixed time frame. He wanted to see if he has an option of applying for Chinese visa here in USA. Obtaining Chinese business visa is in 2-3 days in US, provided all documents are good.

Archived