I-94 expiring on old passport expiry date

server2005

My wife entered US in Aug after vacation. Since her passport was expiring in Feb, the I-94 was issued till that date. I have a valid visa till March, 2013. She got a new passport now and wanted to renew her I-94. I thought of going to Customs and Boarder Protection to get i-94 adjusted with new date. To my dismay, I came to know that they wont adjust the I-94, instead, my wife needs to go out of country or apply for for new I-94. Earlier I was able to get this adjusted for my son for similar situation where his I-94 expiring in October as his passport was expiring in October. I got it adjusted with new date after I got a new passport for my son. However, I did this at different inspection office. How this is different from each office? Can I got to old office and get it adjusted? However other inspection office reside in another state.

I cannot file for new H1 as my PERM is filed now and it is in process state and I will be completing six year in March next year. Is there a way I can get it adjusted without going out of country?

Archived