F1 to H4


Recommended Posts

I am currently on F1 visa. My OPT expired on June 12, 2011. I am planning to change my status to H4 visa, dependent to my husband who is on H1.

I have few questions regarding that:

1. One way to change the status is to stay in US and file I-539 form with all valid documents.

2. Go to Canada and get H4 visa.

Which one do you think is more safe?

3. Also, currently I don't have a company that is ready to sponsor my H1. What if I file I-539 for change of status from F1 to H4 and before my H4 is approved a company is ready to sponsor my H1?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.