Can I have both L1B and L2 Valid at the same time being in US?

ppt

Hello,

Currently I am working on L1B Visa in US and my spouse is also working on L1B Visa from his company. I want to apply for L2 Visa ( dependent on my spouse's Visa ) being in US. I have few doubts, it will be great help if someone can help me....

1. If my L2 gets approved, can i work on L1B in my current company as stamping is not done for L2? If yes, how long?

2. Will they immediately cancel the L1B Visa when they approves L2?

3. My Spouse's L1B Visa is getting expired in May 2013 but he is having I-94 till Jan 2015. What will be the validity of my L2 Visa? will that be till May 2013 or till Jan 2015 and what about I-94 ?

4. Will my current company be informed on change of status( L1B to L2 Visa)?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

All inputs are appreciated.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response. It would be very thankful if you could guide on below additional queries.

1. Once my L1B expires in May 2013, Can I apply for L2 (change of status for my spouse) based on my Valid I-94 (Validitity is till Jan 2015)?

2. How long does the process of changing the status from L1B to L2 takes?

3. If my spouse resigns from her current company where she is working on L1B, Can she stay in US just on the basis of initiated process of changing the status from L1B to L2 ( i.e. approval for change not received case)?

4. In general, if L2 and EAD gets the approval. Can my spouse continue her job in current company without informing the change of status to company? Is there any legal process or action company has to follow, if we change the status?

Archived