I am greened now after 11 years - My I485 approved

Here is my long story - highlights.

- Came to US Nov 2001

- Applied EB3 labor with company A in 2002 sometime

- But because of better opportunities, jumped to company B on Sep 2004.

- Applied for EB3 labor in 2005 as I wasn't eligible for EB2

- But EB3 was not moving fast, paid 4K and bought a EB3 Labor for Aug 2003 date

- Then in 2006, forced my employer to apply for EB2 labor and thats gone into wind. Called my lawyer hundread of times. All i got is it got stuck for some reason.

- then in 2007, we applied again for another labor on EB2, that also got stuck. I hate that lawyer

- then in 2007 applied in that mass eligibility changes, applied for I-140 and 485. Got EAD in 2009. Some relief.

- Still my fight for EB2 continued, begged my lawyer to find the status...no use....all time he used to give some or other reasons. Called him thousands of times. Yes literally I used to call more than 10 times in a day. he never used to pick up phone and when i go to his office, he says he is going to check next day. But story repeats. Bottom line no response.

- End of 2010, one my friend agreed to file a EB2 labor on future employment on perm. Unfortunately even that took more than a year and got approved in Nov 2011. Then immediately applied for I-140 on premium, got it approved in Jan 2012 with the priority date of "Aug 2005" (don't even ask me how they gave Aug 2005 date instead of Aug 2003)

- I was excited and was dreaming for GC. Then got a query for labor porting for prev date. I thought my lawyer did send a letter for porting. Well, then sent a letter for porting.

- Then counting dates...they said no visa dates anymore. Meanwhile tried with Senetor. Wait for October is the response

- In October, 2012, after checking bulletins I was so frustrated with the changes in priority dates.

- But on Nov 8th night, got a text message to my phone that my case got updated. then checked my status online and saw that they placed order for my GC

- Nov 12th got another alert - they sent welcome letter

- Nov 13th got another alert - they posted my GC

- Nov 15th .....got both. Yes got both.

I can't say how badly I was waiting for this. Because I was working on my startup ventures www.*********.com & www.************.com and was stuck without GC. Now I can say I launched ********.com. Please check the site and give me your feedback. I really appreciate your feedback and contribution.

So bottom line, thanks to all the people who is contributing to this site and other sites. Wish you all good luck to get greened soon.

Consider yourself 'lucky' as your post indicates that you at the very least bent immigration laws, regulations, and rules to get your permanent residency (green card) ...

• "End of 2010, one my friend agreed to file a EB2 labor on future employment on perm."
  • "Because I was working on my startup ventures www.*********.com & www.************.com"

It is no surprise that your lawyer ignored you. I am surprised they did not drop you as a client.
  • "Forced my employer to apply for EB2 labor and thats gone into wind. Called my lawyer hundred of times"
  • "Still my fight for EB2 continued, begged my lawyer to find the status...no use....all time he used to give some or other reasons. Called him thousands of times. Yes literally I used to call more than 10 times in a day. he never used to pick up phone and when i go to his office, he says he is going to check next day"

I just hope others on the forum do not consider this as an example of what to do to get permanent residency (green card).

Archived