Question regarding Paystubs

sb1234

When I was on Opt, I took some money as advance from my employer. so he recovered that amount from my pay every month. He was kind and generous. I have all my paystubs but they have a field called Recovery of Advance. Later, I got a Full time from another company and worked 2 months in the same company through a vendor and after my h1 is approved started as FTE from Oct 1st.

Can anyone tell me what should I answer if I was asked about the Less amount in my paystub than my actual pay?

if you didnt understand my question better please see this small math.

lets say 5000 is my salary, he used to say that in my Net pay, but in the paystub it will be only 3000 and there is another field called Recovery of Advance which has 2000.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Gross amounts on your paystub is what matters not the Net after deductions, your salary is what your are paid as Gross, what you get after deductions are not of concern.

And btw, if the 'recovery of advance' is a line item on your pay stub, does not mean it is wrong or can/will cause problems.

Gross amounts on your paystub is what matters not the Net after deductions, your salary is what your are paid as Gross, what you get after deductions are not of concern. And btw, if the 'recovery of advance' is a line item on your pay stub, does not mean it is wrong or can/will cause problems.

Thank you shandan, that sounds as a good answer.

Gross amounts on your paystub is what matters not the Net after deductions, your salary is what your are paid as Gross, what you get after deductions are not of concern. And btw, if the 'recovery of advance' is a line item on your pay stub, does not mean it is wrong or can/will cause problems.

My question was, can we actually take advance money from our employer? If Yes, how can we defend that?

Archived